Letter from the President
The European Association of Societies of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (EASAPS) will celebrate its 10th anniversary in 2017, with a scientific meeting in Bucharest, Romania on the 6-7th October.
We wish to take this opportunity to invite your National Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery to join us there and to submit papers for the free paper sessions as well as an entry in the “Voice of Europe” contest for the “Ulrich T. Hinderer” Prize.
We encourage all European Societies of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery to become a member of EASAPS, which will:
- Provide a voice for European Aesthetic Plastic Surgery,
- Represent us on all issues related to patient safety in Europe, including ALCL
- Coordinate the activities of national delegates involved in CEN Standards on Aesthetics.
- Protect the work we do as aesthetic plastic surgeons.
- Serve as a European voice on advertising of the medical tourism,
- Coordinate responses to the application VAT on aesthetic surgery across Europe.
- Be one voice in public education in the face of mass media portrayal of aesthetic surgery and unrealistic patient demands,
- Facilitate partnership on educational, training and accreditation activities on aesthetic surgery at a European level
- Establish key educators in European aesthetic surgery, who will be willing and available to teach at the request of National Societies,
- Provide Scholarships at recognized centers of excellence for European young plastic surgeons to gain more experience in aesthetic surgery, who are no more than 3 years after completion of specialist training,
- Host, on the EASAPS website, one calendar displaying all national, scientific events organized by member Societies,
- Endorse national, scientific events organized by the EASAPS members,
- Organize an EASAPS Congress and joint meetings with ISAPS.
Being united, we are stronger. We have much to do!
Please join EASAPS now!
With my best wishes,
Toma T. Mugea, MD, PhD